Horses for Courses
Following the recent news stories about horsemeat being found in supermarket burgers, the internet has been awash with various horse related puns. Here are some of the better ones I’ve found, and some I made up myself.
- Have you heard the latest food scandal about my Lidl Pony? Apparently, friendship is burgers.
- All this horsemeat leaves a foal taste in the mouth
- Did you hear that they are now checking veggie burgers for traces of uni-quorn?
- Lab tests show the Tesco burgers are low in salt, but high in Shergar
- There was an old woman who swallowed a horse, she’d been to Tesco, of course.
- Apparently Tesco are willing to saddle out of court.
- I’m not going to take any compensation until I also inspect the burger buns… I’m worried about whether or not they’ll pony up the dough.
- I just checked the sell-by date on my burgers, and they’re off!
- A woman has been taken to hospital after eating tesco burgers. Her condition is said to be stable.
- It looks like they’re now selling filly’o’fish as well…
- You can also top your burger with marscapony
- Scientist: “Sir, we’ve discovered horse meat in your burgers.” Tesco boss: “Why the long face?”
- This fantastic image
- All this happens more often than you might think. I’d say it was horses for courses.