Give me a game where I don’t need to do much, but a number increases the longer I play it, and I’m somehow addicted. You don’t need much of a reward at all to keep someone hooked. This is the guiding principle of most MMOs.
And thus the idea for the internet’s most annoying browser game. The rules are simple:
- The game gives a random period of time to wait, (at the beginning, around 5-10 seconds).
- When this time is up, you have to click the mouse on a button. There is a time period within which you must time your click.
- This earns you a point, and resets the timer.
- Over the course of the first 100 points, the wait time increases until it is a random time between 1 and 8 hours. The target zone increases in size from 1 second up to around 5 minutes. At this point, these variables stop changing.
- Your best score without failure is recorded, and the highest scores are stored on a public table.
So long as the rewards are slightly humorous for each 10 points or so, such a game could be very frustrating and/or dangerous to my sanity.