313 – Stripsearch Ep-16-Elim-05 – MERMAIDS/UKULELE
Another StripSearch challenge. This time to make a comic using the concepts of “Mermaids” and “Ukulele”, in less than 90 minutes.
I had to scrimp a lot on the art to fit this into 90 minutes. My colouring is messy, and frankly awful in places, but that’s what you get when there’s 9 minutes a panel. I didn’t do anything with line thickness either, which I normally do.
I’ve noticed that all five of my stripsearch comics have a pull away panel that shows the characters talking from a distance. This is a device I don’t normally use in my comics at all, but I think I’m doing it for these because it saves time.
I kind of like the idea of running the continues adventures of the unlucky mermaid who accidentally shipwrecks boat after boat by accident.